Environmental Chemistry

What is evaporation and factors affecting it?

Evaporation types

What is evaporation and factors affecting it?

Evaporation definition types and factors :evaporation definition types and factors

Evaporation definition types and factors are briefly listed here.Evaporation is a physical process whereby water molecules shift from the liquid state to the gaseous state, due to high temperatures, where it occurs in the breaking of the coherent liquid molecules.

Example :

For example, water evaporates at 100 degrees Celsius, but this happens very slowly at the freezing point, as it It occurs at every possible temperature and occurs on the surface of the liquid and is considered part of the water cycle in nature. Oceans, seas, lakes, and rivers provide about 90% of the moisture in the atmosphere by evaporation, while the remaining 10% comes from the transpiration process. The evaporation process that occurs in the oceans is the most important example of evaporation, and we will focus in this article on the types of evaporation.

Types of evaporation:

There are two types of it:

1.Evaporation due to boiling:

It is the normal evaporation that occurs frequently and is by shifting from a liquid to a gaseous state such as evaporation of water from seas and oceans.

2.Sublimation:

It converts molecules from the solid state to the gas state immediately without passing through the liquid state such as the sublimation of snow and converts it from the solid state to vapor. Sublimation usually occurs at a lower pressure and temperatures less than required for the evaporation process. These are called the triple sublimation point.

Factors affecting evaporation

It is influenced by many factors that are directly proportional to it. These factors are:

1.Temperature:

The higher the temperature, the greater the amount of evaporation. Surface area: The higher the surface area, the greater the amount of evaporated particles.

2.Wind movement:

The more wind movement, the greater the amount of evaporated particles.

3.Surface area :

More the surface area the more will be evaporation and voice versa.

Evaporation information

Evaporation is a very important process in nature because it is considered an essential part of the water cycle in nature. There are many practical applications on it, including the process of separating the materials from each other where the liquid is heated and separating the materials based on the different degree of evaporation, as each material has its own degree of evaporation, as happens in the process of separating oil derivatives and the process of separating essential oils and others. Many natural phenomena occur because of it, such as the formation of fog caused by the evaporation of water molecules and their ascension to the atmosphere. Examples of substances that convert from solid to gaseous state directly without going through the liquid state i.e. sublimation: zinc, cadmium and dry ice in addition to iodine, naphthalene and some chemical compounds such as ammonium chloride, in addition to some polymers such as Kevlar, and others. It is useful in cooling the human body due to the evaporation of sweat from the surface of the skin and cools.

You may also look through

Evaporation and factors affecting it?

You may also like that one

Some cool chemistry experiments you can try at home?

 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button